Lighthouse in Ustka
Ustka, 76-270 Marynarki Polskiej 1 (100m form our facility)
Undoubtedly, the most characteristic element for the view of Ustka's harbor is the local lighthouse. This interesting object was built in 1892 using red brick. The building has an unusual for lighthouses plan, because it can be said that it consists of two parts. The main building was built on a rectangular plan in neo-Gothic style. An octagonal tower was added to it. It is less than 20 meters high and is one of the best observation points on the local coast.
To the Seafarers
Ustka, 76-270 Port Ustka (100m from our facility)
Between the Harbor Master's Office in Ustka and the lighthouse was placed a monument to the "Seafarers". The idea of creating this monument germinated in the minds of local fishermen almost 30 years before its creation. However, problems with financing the project prevented its implementation. In 2001 the idea was revived. The money was obtained thanks to a collection among the inhabitants of the town, private donors and from the funds of the Town Office and County Office.
The Mermaid of Ustka
Ustka, 76-270 Promenada Nadmorska (300m from our facility)
Near the lighthouse, on the eastern side of the waterfront, an over 6 meter high statue of a mermaid looking into the distance was placed. The brass monument, unveiled on 15th August 2010, refers to the coat of arms of the city of Ustka and the local legend. The monument was made on the basis of the project of Michal Roska. Currently, it is one of the biggest attractions on the promenade. Rumor has it that in order to make one and a half wishes come true you need to rub the left breast of the mermaid.
Harbour and pier in Ustka
Ustka, 76-270 Ścieżka na plaże (300m from our facility)
Ustka's harbor dates back at least to the mid-14th century. What we can see today visiting the area, is the result of reconstruction in the years 1899-1903, although there are still remains of the earlier exploitation of the port. Until World War I it was the largest trading point in Pomerania. Nowadays, it serves mainly as a tourist destination.
Ustka, 76-270 Marynarki Polskiej 49 (400m from our facility)
The Museum of Bread is located at 49 Marynarki Polskiej Street in the attic of the Brzóska family bakery. There is no denying that this is an ideal place to show the history of bread. Mr. Eugeniusz Brzóska has been collecting his collection for several years. Currently, they consist of three halls exhibiting monuments of the history and development of baking, as well as confectionery. In the museum itself we can see exhibits even from the seventeenth century.
Saint John of Nepomuk
Ustka, 76-270 Bohaterów Westerplatte 16 (400m from our facility)
A sculpture of St. John of Nepomuk has been placed on the western river bank in Ustka, next to the new Marine Rescue Station. Originally the sculpture, by Antoni Wilm, an artist from Slupsk, was supposed to stand near the Witches Tower in Slupsk. However, made in 2000 to order of priest Jan Gieriatowicz, it was donated seven years after its completion to the Maritime Office in Slupsk. Therefore, in 2007 St. John Nepomucen stood on the eastern breakwater of the port in Ustka, and then in 2010 it was moved to its current location.
Monument to the fisherman Mistral
Ustka, 76-270 Kaszubska 9 (400m from our facility)
By the Mistral guesthouse, at 9 Kaszubska Street in Ustka, a fisherman's statue has been erected relatively recently, taking its name from the said guesthouse. The sculpture was made of sandstone, is almost 2 meters high and represents a man undoubtedly familiar with the hardships of life at sea for many years. His mature face, marked with deep wrinkles, shows a calm self-confidence. Dressed in a fisherman's storm jacket, the man is depicted pulling a codfish out of the net cast over his left shoulder.